Fides quaerens intellectum

Irish Polytheism from my point of view.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Review: Crystal Guidance Oracle Deck

During my participation in Hibiscus Moon's 7-Day Oracle Challenge, I stumbled upon quite a few fellow participants posting their own videos on YouTube. One of them was Jen, who used a unique deck of oracle cards that she herself designed. I quickly purchased a set of my own and have been working with them pretty frequently from the day I received them in the mail. This is my review.


For the price of $25, I was able to obtain everything pictured in the photo above, minus the 7 chakra cards on the top right of the photo. I will have links on how to purchase and how to get more information at the end of this post.

Simply put, the photographs on the cards are beautiful. The designer used her own crystal collection when taking the photos which allows each image to show a good representation of the crystal specimen for identification. Each image is clear and crisp. These cards are a pleasure to look at.

While the box the cards comes in seems to be nothing more than card stock, the actual cards themselves are made with a sturdier material. They are playing card size which means that they fit comfortably in the hand and are easy to shuffle. When moving to Washington, the box bent slightly inward because I had it crammed into my carry on bag. The cards themselves were well protected however, which is the true purpose of the box. While it may seem flimsy it does its job well.

One of the things I really enjoy about the deck is the information presented just below the image. The first thing you will notice is that there is a word or phrase that is the essence of the card's message in relation to its crystal's energies. This makes using the cards without having to go back to the PDF guide easy. Instead of trying to memorize a bunch of information, users are able to use their intuition at this point, which I find useful in any tarot or oracle reading. The other two symbols are also useful.

The icon on the left is the chakra correspondence for the crystal. No more do I have to look through a book or try to remember which crystal goes with which chakra. Yes, I have 7 crystals that I use on a regular basis, but sometimes it is good to experiment with other crystals and even better that we use one that we drew in an oracle reading. The icon to the right is the elemental correspondence. I have found both of these icons to be accurate in my workings and I think you will as well.

I cannot suggest these cards enough. They are easy to use, easy to learn with, and a great way to utilize crystal energies on the go when you aren't able to bring your entire crystal collection with you. The cards themselves are durable and if they are properly taken care of, will last for many, many years.




To Order: Dragon Fae Creations Etsy
Product Website
Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment