Fides quaerens intellectum

Irish Polytheism from my point of view.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Results from Shopping at a Heath Food Store

Who needs a break anyway?
I was so excited about my shopping trip to a couple of my local health food stores that I had to post photos of my purchased items.

I have been wanting to get into herbology and make my own incenses, etc. seriously for a few months now. I had been using herbs purchased online through eBay and a wooden bowl with a large rock to help crush and blend my mixtures. Little did I know that all I needed to do was pay a visit to my health food stores for herbs. I thought I was going to have to buy from larger companies like Mountain Rose Herbs, but no way Jose!

My first items came in nice little packages and were incredibly affordable. I could have filled up a shopping basket and taken home half of the aisle for the same cost as getting them through mail order with added shipping and handling costs. I dodged a bullet for sure!

We begin with Juniper Berries.

I bought a little German Chamomile.

I found some beautiful and aromatic Red Rose Buds.


I also grabbed some Marjoram, which has become one of my favorites.

That was it for my local Natural Grocers. I then made the trip to a local company that has been around for for eons. There I found some beautiful Lavender. I didn't go to Clovers just for the Lavender but considered it a bonus since I wasn't able to find a mortar and pestle.


Yay! I was so happy I was probably obvious to the other cars on the road, but I made it safely to the only other Clovers location in town. There my eyes found the coveted M&P and I knew my trip had been a success.



Even though I had to do a little bit of driving, I was surprised at the affordability of my local offerings which didn't even seem like a possibility before I went exploring. Now I need to check out the Asian markets to see what kind of surprises they have in store. At least they carry one of the most coveted divination tools of all time: the fortune cookie.
PS: Sorry for the large photos. My digital camera is down and I've been relying on my iPod for pictures. I will be saving up to get better photo equipment in the near future!










No comments:

Post a Comment