Fides quaerens intellectum

Irish Polytheism from my point of view.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Invoking Creativity

It's time to break out the citrine, folks.
We're about to get creative up in here!

Well, not really here, but you get my point. I wanted to give you all a little bit of information on inspiring creativity. Whether you write, paint, knit, play a musical instrument, some combination of the above, or are just handy with a pencil and a piece of paper, this post is just for you.

I just set up my watercolor palette with some tubes of paint that I purchased a month or so ago but have lazily been testing out. I also have an ample supply of crayons, oil pastels (they're cheap so they're basically just bonus crayons), gesso, acrylic paint, mod podge, color and watercolor pencils, pencils with graphite, and lots and lots of clippings from junk mail.

As I mentioned in "VR - Pagan Tag" video on youtube, I have been art journaling for a little over six months now. With more emphasis on the art and less on the journaling (writing) aspect since I have a different book for that sort of thing. To me, its all about getting creative and having fun doing it. Sometimes I am proud of the finished product and at other times I am appalled and thankful I can close the book and not have to think about it for a while.

As Pagans, creativity is something that many of us call upon for various purposes: spellwork, rituals, etc. My challenge to you is to do something creative today in whichever medium (fancy art word for material) you prefer. I hope you'll share the finished product with me, but don't worry about that if you're self-conscious. Just have fun with it and enjoy the meditation that school children everywhere participate in.

No comments:

Post a Comment