Fides quaerens intellectum

Irish Polytheism from my point of view.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Candy, Death, and the great land of Ireland

I just got back from an out of state road trip. Someone in my family passed away after a long illness so I went to attend a funeral and give some support to the rest of my family still in mourning. Death, as Pagans, is a very interesting subject. It is a wondrous thing that calls to each and every one of us and yet we all get closer to that day with a growing amount of trepidation and fear. Death is a natural part of life. The Circle of Life, according to our friends at Disney. No, I really don't have any friends at Disney (call me!).

I stumbled upon sour cherry candies at a dollar store that are kind of like jelly beans but different all at the same time. Then we looked into the genealogy of an adopted ancestor that our family shares and found out some interesting details. First, let me say that adoption must be the hardest thing for many parents to do in order to allow their children to have a better life/future/sense of worth/whatever. But it is really annoying when descendants are trying to do genealogy and hit dead ends because adoption records are sealed. How aggregating!

Anyway, I found out that my great great grandmother and grandfather were born in Ireland. I think this is cool because I have always felt drawn to Ireland and it is part of the reason for my Celtic pantheon leaning. I just thought I would share as I prepare to get some much needed sleep. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment