Fides quaerens intellectum

Irish Polytheism from my point of view.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pagan Blog Project - A is for Amazonite

Photo courtesy of Emily Gems


















Amazonite is one of my new favorite crystals. It is from the feldspar family and has an average MOHs hardness of 6. This crystal's color gives away its usefulness for attracting abundance and it can be also used with the heart chakra, the energy center commonly associated with the color green. What may not be popular knowledge is it's relationship to Danu.

I have to preface this by saying that I intuitively feel it connects to Danu and that there isn't any historical or folk evidence to support my theory. It's just a hunch. It all came about when I was trying to figure out which crystals to associate with my matron goddess. Upon reading up on the uses of the crystal, and it's associates with abundance, I knew it was meant to be. Danu is the Celtic Goddess of Abundance. Her association with flowing rivers is no coincidence, nor is it a coincidence that this crystal is named after the Amazon river.

When I hold a piece of amazonite in my hand, or even have it on a table nearby, I feel more connected with Danu. I'm not going to tell you a story or suggest that I have all of this figured out; I don't at all. I just know that amazonite and my matron goddess seem to resonate together and when I draw on that association I seem to get results. It works in a similar way as my association between sunstone and Lugh.

Sometimes what works for one Pagan may not work as well for another. There is nothing wrong with that! We are all different people, exploring our own paths, and connecting with whatever we feel called to. Part of the draw of Paganism is the ability to find what works for the individual. Amazonite has become a cherished part of my crystal collection because of my willingness to explore and connect with deity.

Amazonite is also useful in healing emotional trauma and helping us open up to universal love.



No comments:

Post a Comment