Fides quaerens intellectum

Irish Polytheism from my point of view.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Cue Headache in 10...9...

Irish mythology is like crack; I love to get my hands on it but when the effects wear off there is major sickness. Okay, not in the literal sense, thank goodness. I just feel like there are times when the myths turn into circles upon circles with no clear answers. Part of that has to do with the way the Ancient Irish conveyed information. It also has a little to do with how Christianity swooped in and started taking over (really, I'm not bitter).

Don't even get me started on Danu and the Morrigan and how they're the same deity in some instances and different ones in others. Unless you call her Anu instead of Danu. Mostly.

Gotta love all the hard work this path gives us, huh? End of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment