Fides quaerens intellectum

Irish Polytheism from my point of view.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day 1 - Field of Dreams

Here we go (on an adventure!)...

I have decided to use one of my new oracle decks with this challenge. I think the process will help me get more aquatinted with these cards while, at the same time, giving me an opportunity to test the accuracy of the cards and how that information meshes with my intuition. The deck I'm using is The Enchanted Map by Colette Baron-Reid.

Today's card is Field of Dreams. The imagery is so appealing that I feel as though I almost want to step inside of the card. The lush grass at the bottom contrasts beautifully with the blue sky. Instinct tells me that this card is a play on the old adage "you reap what you sew."

The guidebook suggests that drawing this card reflects a time of great abundance if one is willing to get to work and create it. Colette's suggestion is to concentrate on the best life you want regardless of the little things that may be currently holding us back.

"You have a basket full of seeds that are quite powerful, for your talents are Divinely inspired and will indeed lead to a great harvest to be shared with others. You will reap what you have sown." (p57)

Holy smokes, folks! Is my intuition keyed in or what? I promise that I did not cheat and look ahead before sharing what my instinct was telling me about the imagery of the card. How cool that I was spot on with the meaning?

Check back tomorrow afternoon for day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment