Fides quaerens intellectum

Irish Polytheism from my point of view.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Day 6 - Apache Tear

Today's draw is a form of obsidian. It should be no surprise that it is about bringing negative emotions to the surface so that we can deal with them. The PDF encourages, reminding that "now is not the time to bury emotions; know that it is okay to cry."



This card usually comes up during my severe bouts of depression. It is a wake-up call to signal that there may be things I'm not dealing with; things that are taking their toll on my emotions (setting aside brain chemistry as the primary cause for depression, of course). Alternatively, this card also reminds me that I have to be willing to embrace and allow myself to feel those emotions. If I don't, I'm just doomed to repeat the same cycle which keeps me depressed and unable to function.


No comments:

Post a Comment