Fides quaerens intellectum

Irish Polytheism from my point of view.

Friday, November 21, 2014

Incense Check In - 4 Days

It has been a few days since I posted anything. Without a topic, I have decided to post about the incense cones that I made. This is meant to be a quick little check in as an update, so I'll try my best to be brief. You all know how I love to use ten words when three would suffice.

The incense cones are still drying. They are hard on the outside but I'm skeptical about them being finished "drying" on the inside. I've even attempted to light one of the cones. It smolders for a few seconds and then goes out. This tells me that they aren't ready yet. I'm thinking of waiting another 7 days before even looking at them because the waiting is driving me bananas.

To cope, I resorted to taking the one incense cone I previously mentioned and placing it upon a charcoal disc. The aroma was sweet and Earthy, perfect for a devotional incense. I have in the past used too much lavender in previous recipes and that become the sole aroma in them, so I'm happy to report that it is no longer the case. The amount of lavender used is just right.

I'm still hoping that further drying will end in a combustible cone. Until then, charcoal discs will have to do.

I'm also looking at making this incense into pellets using honey as a binder. I'll let you know if I go that far.

No comments:

Post a Comment