Fides quaerens intellectum

Irish Polytheism from my point of view.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Pagan Blog Project - G is for Gratitude

I know that a lot of other people have picked this topic for this letter, so I've decided to do this post a little bit differently. Rather than rehash information that you already know, or information that someone else has already mentioned, I'm going to give you a simple rite that you can perform. It needed take any longer than five minutes, but it is a great way to both start and end the day if you've been working on adding a daily devotional to your practice.

What you will need:
     -A quiet space (inside or outside)
     -Something that symbolizes abundance to you (3 of Cups tarot card, green aventurine, etc.)
     -Incense in whatever scent you choose, in whichever form (stick, cone, loose, etc.)

Sit comfortably and hold the item that symbolizes abundance in your hands. Look at it; feel the physicality of the representation as though the item you hold is abundance personified. Think about the blessings you have received over your life, of the last few weeks, and even over the last few days. 

Place the item down where you can still look at it and light the incense.
As the smoke rises, begin saying these words (or something similar):

"The smoke before me represents my gratitude,
rising up to embrace The Goddess and The God.
I offer this gift as thanks for the blessings I have and continue to receive.
I am in awe of the ever-flowing abundance that carries me towards my goals and dreams;
closer to the person I strive to be.
I actively participate in my life and know that I will be blessed for the rest of my days."

Allow the incense to finish burning if you have time. Feel the gratitude you wish to express and visualize the smoke carrying it up to deity. When you are finished, simply go about your normal routine. Note: Do not leave incense unattended when burning.


No comments:

Post a Comment