Fides quaerens intellectum

Irish Polytheism from my point of view.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Simple Rituals Are Just As Powerful

I took fifteen minutes out of my morning routine to burn my incense mixtures in honor of Danu and Lugh. Some might say that is an impossible amount of time for in the morning; others would be able to fit it in with no problem. Certainly the rising sun is a good time to honor Lugh, the Irish God of Light, but if you only had time at night available you would find that deity wouldn't look down upon you for it.

It was a simple ceremony where I burned the incense as an offering to them, as a way to honor all they are and all they have done for me. It was a way for me to commune with them aside from the morning and evening devotionals I have been doing for the past week.

I can't say that life is that much different; I don't have ravens greeting me at my windowsill every morning and there aren't any seagulls pecking at my front door asking for admittance. But I can tell you I feel more connected, and that is what all of this is about after all. The personal experience, the connection with something more than ourselves.

At least that's how I see it. So I encourage you to do something similar - any incense will do for any deity; it's the thought that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment